- What Information Is Collected?
- What Is The Information Used For?
- Who May Have Access To Your Information?
- How Is Your Information Secured?
Welcome to this website is operated by Visicover Ltd (“we”, “our”, “us”).
The aim of this Privacy Statement is to help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information when you interact with us. Please read it carefully. You should also show this statement to anyone else who may be insured under your policy.
You acknowledge that by providing your personal information to us, you consent to its processing in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We are unable to offer you any insurance product unless you provide explicit consent for the collection and use of such sensitive data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998.
2.a) Personal Information
"Personal information" is given to us by you, or third parties, in connection with a product we offer, whether through our web site, by phone or in writing. We will collect personal information strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act, and such collection may occur when you:
- Ask for a quote
- Purchase our products and services
- Make customer enquiries
- Register for information or other services
- Register a claim
- Respond to communications or surveys
By providing personal information about other individuals you confirm that you have the consent of such individuals to supply such information.
The type of personal information we may collect could include:
- Identification information such as name, address, date of birth etc.
- Contact information such as email, telephone number, mobile number etc.
- Payment information such as credit card details, debit card details etc.
- Sensitive data as defined within the Data Protection Act 1998 such as medical information, claims history, criminal convictions etc.
- Underwriting information which is any additional information which may influence an insurer’s decision as to whether to provide cover or the price at which such cover is provided such as value of items to be insured, type of item to be insured etc.
- Such other information as is required to provide the products and services we offer such as cover start date, cover end dates etc.
We may also monitor or record calls, emails, text messages or other communications in accordance with UK law, and in particular for:
- Business purposes such as quality control and training
- Processing necessary for entering into or performance of a contract
- Prevention of unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and websites
- Ensuring effective systems operation
- Meeting any legal obligation
- Protecting your vital interests
- Prevention or detection of crime
- For the legitimate interests of the data controller
Please visit http://www.ico.gov.uk/ for further information.
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information. All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and used only for the purposes for which we collect it. If you would like us to remove any personal information from our records, then please email us at enquiries@Visicover.com. We will make all reasonable efforts to delete your information from our files or depersonalise it if it is deemed appropriate.
2.b) Non Personal Information
We use ‘Cookies‘ to collect non-personal information online so as to:
- Enable users to obtain quotes from our website;
- Ensure the security of our customers;
- Make possible certain site functionality; and
- Monitor website traffic and visitor behaviour.
3.a) Policy Administration
We will use the information provided to enable you to arrange and manage your insurance including:
- Obtaining quotations
- Purchasing policies, including payment processing
- Undertaking mid-term amendments
- Renewing your policy
- Registering claims
- Verifying your identity when required
- Keeping you informed of important changes to your cover if required.
3.b) Service Improvement, Research & Marketing
We will use the information provided to:
- Monitor our own performance, such as the efficiency and ease of use of our website, so that we can continue to improve the quality of the service we offer.
- Research the competiveness of our products and services so that we can continue to offer the required level of value for money.
- Contacting you from time to time by telephone, post, email or SMS to keep you informed with news, our products and services, including carefully selected offers or promotions which we feel may be of interest to you.
3.c) Crime Prevention
As a regulated intermediary we participate in a number of industry initiatives to prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities. As a result we may at any time:
- Share information about you and others for whom you may be seeking insurance protection with other organisations and public bodies including the police;
- Share information about you and others for whom you may be seeking insurance protection with other insurers;
- Check the details you have supplied with fraud, money laundering and other crime prevention agencies and databases including publicly available data (for example on County Court Judgements, bankruptcy information and electoral roll data). If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering;
- Periodically search records held by fraud, money laundering and other crime prevention agencies to:
- make decisions about credit services for you and your Financial Associates;
- make decisions on insurance policies and claims for you and your Financial Associates;
- trace debtors, recover debt, and manage your insurance policies;
- check your identity and the identities of others for whom you may be seeking insurance protection to prevent money laundering, fraud and other criminal activities.
For more information about the agencies with which we share your data, including further details explaining how the information held by fraud prevention agencies may be used, please email us at enquiries@Visicover.com.
We will endeavour to treat your personal information as private and confidential. However, there are circumstances in which third parties may be provided access to your information:
4.a) Exceptional Cases
We are obliged to disclose information in the following four exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations set out below:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interest
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent
4.b) Insurance Related Circumstances
In order to provide our service we may be called upon to disclose the following to the potential or current policy underwriter:
- Information about the risk presented so that the underwriter can make a fully informed decision as to whether to provide cover and if so on what terms.
- Information about the cover provided so that the underwriter can assess the validity of a claim and manage the subsequent case.
- Aggregated information for general reporting purposes such as premium written, commission due etc.
In addition to the above we may also pass your credit \ debit cards details to a payments processor (SagePay) who will use enhanced security to store such details, thus enabling you to make recurring premium payments without the need to resubmit your card data.
4.c) Crime Prevention Authorities
In line with the requirement on us a regulated intermediary to prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities, we may from time to time:
- Provide information to a records checking organisation (ProExe) to ensure that we are not providing insurance products in breach of either HM Treasury sanctions or the requirements of the US Ofiice for Foreign Assets control.
- Where there is a potential breach of the above requirements, provide such details as are required to the applicable authority (e.g. Serious Organised Crime Agency) in support of their investigations.
4.d) People Acting On Your Behalf
You can authorise individuals to manage your policies on your behalf, and where such authority is granted, those individuals will be able to access some or all of your personal information. For details on how to authorise someone to manage your policies, please refer to the Authorised Managers FAQ on our website.
When you register for our website you can specify a set of login credentials which will provide you with secure access to different functions within our site, including the facility to access your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You accept responsibility for activities that occur under your account and you should take all steps to ensure your login credentials are kept confidential. You agree to inform us immediately if you have reason to believe your login credentials are being used in an unauthorised manner.
We also use industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption technology to encrypt sensitive information in transit to our servers. When you ask for a quote from us, we will process the data on a secure server. Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator will confirm that you are in a secure area by displaying an unbroken key or lock in the bottom right hand corner of your browser window.
Some organisations have a security feature called a firewall to protect their computer systems. These firewalls may prevent you from connecting to our secure server to get a quote. If you are at work and cannot connect to our site, please speak to your IT administrator to learn more.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails or webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.