What is a Special Cover request?
At Visicover we can cater for a wide range of insurance requirements automatically online. However, you may have a specific need which is outside our standard options (e.g. cover outside the normal geographic limits). If this is the case you can use the 'Special Cover' facility to request a quote as follows:
- When you reach the cover & quote page of the quote, navigate down to the ‘Special Covers’ section, click ‘Cover Type’ and select the most appropriate option from the drop down list.
- Give your requirement a short heading (e.g. United States trip).
- Under description provide as much information as you can about the nature of your requirement.
- Click 'Insert' to save the details of your requirement.
- Click 'Calculate' at which point the option to 'Refer To Underwriter' will appear.
- If you click the refer option, your requirement will be sent to an underwriter to consider whether it can be covered and, if so, at what price. We will usually notify you of their decision within one business day.
- If they agree to your request, you can implement the cover by selecting the quote from the list on your dashboard and completing the policy change.